On April 2nd, we met with someone from HISD at Midtown Bar and Grill to give feedback on the HUB and the PowerUP program.
Here were our main suggestions:
- Teacher Development— Teachers should be given more training on how to effectively use the HUB in the classroom
- Soft cases–Giving students soft cases instead of hard cases so that they’ll fit into backpacks more easily and be easier to carry.
- More local control— The IT department at each school should have administrative access and be able to approve programs to install
- Driver installation— Many people aren’t able to use their own mouses, printers, keyboard, Bluetooth headphones, etc. on the HISD laptops
- Feedback form on the HUB–just a suggestion box on the sidebar.
- Being able to use the HUB on Chrome.
- Unblocking websites at home–in particular: